CSL-endorsed ABLE4SCHOOL LEADERS
How and why relationships matter in schools
This five-day on-line training programme supports principals, deputy principals and aspiring school leaders to take a relationship-centred approach in their work.
Endorsed by the Centre for School Leadership (CSL), ABLE4SchoolLeaders: How and why relationships matter in schools is an evidence-informed programme based on our ABLE (Adopt a relational approach, Build & Boundaries, Listen and Empower & End) brief intervention model.
Relationships are a key social determinant of health and well-being.
We invite you to grow your understanding of the transformative power of positive relationships in your school and how they impact on health, wellbeing, learning and development outcomes.
Develop your skills, insight and knowledge to nurture positive relationships in school by placing empathy, listening and understanding at the heart of every conversation or intervention while managing your time and boundaries also for your own health and wellbeing.
The programme runs over five days and includes two further days to help establish a community of practice for school leaders interested in taking a relationship-centred approach in their schools. It provides a unique opportunity to network with colleagues nationally in an online interactive space and to establish a community of practice.
Facilitated by two licensed trainers, ABLE4School Leaders offers an experiential, small group, online learning experience for up to 12 participants.
How will this course help you?
Our programme will give you the skills, insight and knowledge to nurture positive relationships in your school for better outcomes. It will also give you a framework to manage your time and boundaries for your own health and wellbeing.
- Recognise that relationships are a key social determinant of health and well-being and understand how they impact well-being in schools
- Develop skills to build quality relationships with staff, parents and pupils while managing your time and boundaries
- Explore the use of reflective functioning in one’s role as a leader in building quality relationships in the school community
- Raise awareness of the factors that contribute to the creation of a safe and secure school environment where the concerns and contributions of parents, children and teachers are acknowledged
- Provide knowledge, insights and resources for managing conflict in the school community and addressing its impact on children’s well-being
- Share evidence-based insight into infant mental health, childhood adversity and attachment research to help your understanding of the impact of early relationship experiences on children’s health, wellbeing, behaviour and ability to learn
For further details about our 2022 ABLE4School Leaders – How and Why Relationships Matter programme, please contact email@example.com