This summer, we are offering a specialised ABLE training to all educators in primary, secondary level and all further education. This programme, our “ABLE4Educators” training, will be offered at a special rate of €50 as a gift to all educators, to say thank you for hard work in the busy year that is now coming to an end.
Join us in a nourishing and inclusive space to enhance your personal and professional development, through our 3-Day, skills based, CPD approved programme. It is an opportunity to give yourself time and space to learn the transformative power of quality relationships with students, teachers, and parents within the education community, while also providing you with the skills to manage and maintain your own time and boundaries within these relationships.
Our experienced and dedicated trainers, Una & Rose will guide you through our ABLE model, while also providing a more specialised focus on how this can be used in school and educational settings, with emphasis on the following topics:
- Infant mental health and attachment theory
- Skills development using our ABLE model – “Adopt, Build, Listen, Empower”
- Family relationships and children’s health and wellbeing
- Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE’s)
- Conflict, and it’s impact on adult, child and community wellbeing
- Factors that contribute to the creation of a safe and secure educational environment
This 3-day programme is the perfect opportunity for you, as educators to complete this training, without the worry of missing classes in the busy school year, while also creating a space for educators from the whole sector to come together in a warm and safe environment.
What is the ABLE Model?
ABLE (Adopt a relational approach, Build, Listen & Empower) is a brief intervention training model that helps to equip you with a framework you can use to support those who turn to you for help.
What does ABLE give you?
- Interpersonal skills and knowledge to help build your confidence in engaging with students and parents so that you can develop relationships of trust.
- A framework to manage your boundaries of time, role and competence during difficult interactions so that you can look after your own wellbeing.
Join us on Tuesday 11th, Wednesday 12th & Thursday 13th of July each day from 9.30am-4.30pm in person in Cork. Open to all educators and teachers in primary, secondary and further education.
Please note that lunch will be provided each day. Places are limited on this course, so please book early to avoid disappointment.
Fee : €50 (Special one-time rate)
Venue: SHEP Offices, The Old Primary School, Ardfoyle Avenue, Ballintemple, Cork, T12 XDH2.
Booking: Please contact Robyn at firstname.lastname@example.org for booking form, or call 087 146 6011.